Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Eight

For a blonde I know who is turning 8. I'm not sure 8 year olds appreciate homemade gifts, but she is probably used to it by now. She might like it better if there was a matching one for her doll. Hmmmm...
Beret Pattern: Hannah Fettig, Simple Beret
Glove Pattern: My own variation on a vintage style
Yarn: Knit Picks Worsted Weight Wool of the Andes Wonderland Heather

Next time I may go with a chunkier yarn or bigger needle for the beret. My gauge swatch was right on, but it seems a little small for an adult. Lucky I was making it for an 8 year old.

1 comment:

  1. Any 8 year old who doesn't appreciate this would be crazy. the color is beautiful! Would love to see how it looked on her. I have been wanting a beret for my almost 7 year old!

    ReplyDelete