Monday, October 24, 2011

Lemon Hat

About a week ago, a certain little girl asked me to knit her a lemon hat. Her class was participating in the local halloween parade to advertise the lemonade stand they are doing as a class project. This assignment made me nervous friends. I'm not much of an ad-lib knitter. I plan, I plot, I make, I curse, I rip and I make again. But this little hat turned out just fine. My only reservation was that no one would know what it was. I didn't know the context, until I delivered the hat.
How could you mistake this costume for anything but a tall, cool, glass of lemonade?! This amazing little number was made by this little cherub and her mother. Takes me back to the days when my mom helped me paper mache a bust of Nefertiti for extra credit.
Lemon masks, lemon hats, little girls are awesome. The straw and lemon wedge kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment