Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Beachcomber Sweater

The Beachcomber Sweater is sized and ready for summer knitting and vacation wearing. With the end of school creeping up behind me, I managed to get the head spinning calculations out of the way before the official start of summer.

This dolman sleeve sweater wears like a t-shirt, and is constructed as one piece for easy finishing. Knit in bulky weight, Billow from Knit Picks, which I whole heartedly recommend that you try. The variation in strand width makes a subtle, casual, texture. The all cotton yarn is just as light as its name. The only problem: it is NEVER in stock! I am waiting patiently for more Comfey, which I am told will be restocked near the end of June. Until then, I have my eye on another Beachcomber Sweater in Clarity, or perhaps Cornmeal. I would be happy to hear of any bulky cotton yarns you love.

The Details:
US Size 11, 24" Circular Needles
14 Stitches and 19 Rows in 4"
Sizes 2T-10

2 comments:

  1. I would like the Beachcomber pattern but am having problem downloading it. The link takes me to an Etsy site. Thank you

    It's a lovely sweater.

    Ann L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can this be done in a worsted weight?

    ReplyDelete