Tuesday, May 24, 2016

One Pattern Three Ways & Kid's Clothes Week

It's a very busy week in sewing land. I'm making the most of Kid's Clothes Week and my latest post for Petit a Petit + Family with my favorite kid's t-shirt pattern. Head on over to the Petit a Petit blog to see how to transform a simple t-shirt pattern into 3 unique summer staples for boys.



***

Luckily, this little project coincides with the last Meg (Elsie Marley) directed Kid's Clothes Week (KCW will continue with Julie as its new host). Since my daughter started kindergarten I've fallen off the KCW wagon a bit. It's so easy to whip up a dress for a toddler and take a few quick photos. It's harder to negotiate picture time between school, and homework, and park time (though much easier to find an hour to sew!).

Kid's Clothes Week was my first entry into a virtual community of any kind. Before KCW I kinda thought the internet was a place where people said mean things anonymously. But that is definitely not the case. My first, timid Flickr based experience with KCW set the tone for many very supportive and enthusiastic interactions to follow. Seeing something I made on Meg's blog made me realize the power of virtual connections. Thanks Meg!
This is the first thing I ever sewed for Kid's Clothes Week back in 2012. I made it with my first indie sewing pattern, before I had a serger. After I took the photos, part of the neckband fell off, and J never really wore it! I like to think my t-shirt construction has come a long way since then!

Here are a few of my favorite KCW makes:

***

You can see my other KCW makes here.
You can read my contributor post to KCW here.
And don't forget the whole point of this blog post, One Pattern Three Ways, here!



1 comment: