Sunday, August 8, 2021

SweetKM is now Wholecloth Patterns!

A new name for a new creative phase. I have felt the urge to grow for some time, but the name SweetKM was holding me back. It was a reflection of where I once was, but not of where I want to go. After wrestling with new names for a few months (okay, years!), I've decided to double down on a pattern name I really love, the Wholecloth Project Bag. Once the lightbulb turned on, the decision was simple. The name of my pattern line, website, and overall creative presence going forward will be Wholecloth Patterns!

What's ahead for Wholecloth Patterns: Moving forward I will be focusing on bag sewing patterns with simple lines, thoughtful details, and lots of potential for customization. To kick off this transition I've got a new bag sewing pattern in the works! Follow @_wholecloth on Instagram for sneak peaks, and as usual, you'll hear about any new patterns first as an email subscriber

What's ahead for the Wholecloth Blog: While I have been spending more time designing, and testing new bag and accessory sewing patterns, I will continue to do outfit posts here. Making my own clothing fuels my creative process, and I love to make and share. 

What's ahead for the Wholecloth Project Bag: A few growing pains are bound to creep into any transitional process. You may have noticed I changed the name of the Wholecloth Bento Bag to the Wholecloth Project Bag. I want to be genuine in all my interactions online and in person. The Japanese inspired name, that felt like a tribute when I first published the pattern,  was not a true reflection of me. It did lead me to the point where I would grow, change, and move forward. It's still the same great pattern, only the name has changed to be a better reflection of myself and my brand. 

I love to see what you've made, please use the hashtag #wholeclothprojectbag going forward and feel free to retag your previous makes. You can tag old and new projects with #wholeclothpatterns!

New blog:
www.wholeclothpatterns.com


Emailing List Signup:

Buy the namesake pattern!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment