Monday, May 20, 2013

Shorts That Look Like A Skirt

How much do I love these shorts? A lot! How much does L love these shorts? Just as much (mainly because they look like a skirt).  I followed the Very Homemade tutorial, but used elastic in a casing rather than shirring thread. I also used a light weight, splatter painted print from the pile of vintage knits my MIL dug up for me.
I feel like I hit the jackpot. Free fabric and shorts she will wear. The width is so oversized I used a straight stitch on the hem and waistband. The whole thing, including drafting the pattern, took less than two hours. Lazy seamstress that I am, the level of complication figures heavily into my perception of the finished product. 
They are just perfect, (perfect I tell you!) for this little dolman sweater I've been working on. This is just  a sneak peak, I am writing up the pattern for vacation knitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment