Thursday, April 10, 2014

Playtime Tunic + Leggings

Spring was in the air yesterday when we stopped to play in the park on the way home from school. It was so warm, I let L wear her sandals (which she's been wearing all winter indoors) out to play. She has declared her new Playtime Tunic and Leggings her favorite outfit, but knowing her penchant for floor length twirly skirts, I suspect it was the spring weather talking.

I cut this tunic out a few days after I made the dress version for last Kid's Clothes Week, but didn't get around to sewing it until just now. The buttons and floral knit are from my stash. I bought the navy pin stripe at Joann to tie the two together.
The tunic length of this pattern is so much more conducive to playtime than the longer dress. It's loose fitting, and just long enough to qualify as a dress (which L requires), but not get stepped on while climbing. See my KCW entry for a bit more in-depth analysis of the Oliver + S Playtime pattern. 



No comments:

Post a Comment