Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Hey June Racerback Dress

Sometimes, I make the kids something I really, really, love then dont let them wear it (example 1, example 2)! Its too precious, too much work, too fine of fabric, and totally not the point. Not so with the Racerback Dress from Hey June. This pattern is quick to sew, with a relatively small amount of fabric. I dont cringe when L puts this dress on to climb trees and play kickball. If she messes it up, I can make another one in an afternoon. This is the perfect #simplesummersewing project for kids! 


The dress is three pieces (front, back, and upper back straps) and finished with neck and sleeve bands. The two piece back is a great opportunity for mixing colors and prints. It's a simple dress, that can be made in a ton of combinations. I made this Racerback Dress with part of my Acorn Valley haul. Its the perfect weight, and a color L loves. I cut a 7 to allow room for growth, but a 6 would have been plenty generous.
Print Fabric: Acorn ValleyKnit designed by Patty Young 

Solid Fabric: Upcycled T-shirt

***
Simple Summer Sewing is the easiest sew-along ever! Get the details on Petit a Petit + Family, and read about our fantastic giveaway for August here!
Simple Summer Sewing on Social Media:

Simple Summer Sewing Inspiration:

Simple Summer Sewing Projects:


2 comments:

  1. Cute! I love a quick and simple sew like this. I've been meaning to make some of these for my nieces, although at this point in the summer I may have to wait until next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I was just thinking the same thing. I should make more but... Why is the summer so short?!

      Delete